Big Boss Man
I sit here in this office wondering why I am even here
I hate the sounds of the clicking keyboards
False personalities all around me
Trying to make the grade
A point or two with the big boss man
Doing things that make them look belittled, pride diminished
Just to be asked to go for coffee tomorrow morning
With the big boss man

I am here for the duration of this day
Tomorrow uncertain
Work? Whatever, I just have to do
Depressed? Over the top
Tired of taking orders from someone
Not knowing anymore than I
Collecting pitiful wages
Not affording groceries, have to pay for heat
Water is cut off, now it's a dirty world
Recession, thats a joke to me
Politicians wanting Billions
I don't know if my kids will even eat
Cold beds to lay in, no good food to eat
Mom and dad do without so they can have
America? Politicians dumping on the little man
Taking money that we could use to walk again with pride
Auto makers, Wall Street, Billions promised to them
Give us a morsel, a loan, a way out, our dignity
Big Boss Man

Comments:
 
StarPoet   StarPoet wrote
on 11/27/2008 3:00:22 AM
You speak for 95% of the world here. And the other 5% don't have to worry about the BBM. I can relate to this so much for what is the BBM doing to help us? Good one!

shakatoah   shakatoah wrote
on 11/23/2008 7:52:06 PM
I think you've evoked in this poem the feelings of so many 'ordinary people' - the working man or woman at the mercy of 'them'...tired of listening to 'their' goings on...wondering when common sense and justice will prevail. That feeling is all around us in Australia...as I see it is in America. They keep telling us here that there IS no recession...ha bloomin' ha. The way you've written this piece evokes a strong visual image and a strong emotion...thank you for sharing it.

penname   penname wrote
on 11/21/2008 7:48:44 PM
i love the title. almost sounds lyrical- it's great like it is with the seemingly random rhyme, though as I was reading it, the last three lines are powerpacked and though there was a gradual build up of tension and empowerment throughout, the last few lines just seem to sing to the reader- and gives the piece a very well rounded full circle feel along with redemption

BIDDIXGIRL
Special Interest
Other
writing BIDDIXGIRL
LIFE IS A RIDE, EITHER OF JOY OR REGRET. WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE? THINK QUICKLY, YOU MAY SOON BE AT A DEAD END!
Bookmark and Share

You must log in to rate.
Rating: 8.5/10

Synopsis
Just spouting off a little, It's all cool
© 2014 WritingRoom.com, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
WRITING | POETRY WRITING | CREATIVE WRITING | WRITE A BOOK | WRITING CONTESTS | WRITING TIPS