Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

What are you reading? Options
hoodiegirl
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 11:13:54 AM

I am reading THE ACCIDENTAL MOTHER by Rowan Coleman. Girls~ you are gonna love this heartfelt story!
butterfly
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:10:22 PM

I am reading FOR ONE MORE DAY by Mitch Albom. The book asks the tough "what if question"... What if you had the chance to go back and fix what you did wrong in life, would you take it? So far, this book is a moving story that will make you appreciate those you love.
Peridot
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 11:47:40 PM

I've got Seeing Red, out of The Looking Glass Wars trilogy, by Frank Beddor. Its also a What if tale. What if Alice from Alice in Wonderland was a refugee princess from a land of Imagination who told her story to Charles Dodgson only for him to take poetic license to her tale.

I'm also reading through H.P. Lovecraft's short story collection, the Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories.

I just finished Meg Cabot's Forever Princess and I keep staring at her Ransom My Heart, which is a tie to the tenth Princess Diaries' book. Its a historical romance "written" by the Princess herself, its heavier subject-wise than the PD series so Im kinda weary.

kt6550
#4 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 8:35:29 PM

"The Sons of Hurin," by J. R. R. Tolkien.
Also, two audio magazines, "Hear the Music" and "The Absolute Sound."
ToxicPixe
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:37:42 AM

Wow. I just finished reading Junior by Macaulay Culkin. It was amazing, so good. It was incredibly real, and it had this completely random way of all fitting together. I really liked it.
Humbert
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2009 1:40:43 PM

The library is holding a copy of John Cheever's Falconer. After enjoying some of his short stories and reading his biography, I am quite curious how this will read. Anyone read this book?
JmlB
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:27:57 PM

I am reading "Great expections", by Charles Dickens for school. For me Dickens is like marmite, you either love him or hate him. I wouldn't say I enjoy his work but I wouldn't say I don't either. Dickens has a great mind and interesting ideas. He develops his ideas to their full glory. This is good however long-winded! Attention to description, if you enjoy authors that paint pictures in your mind, this is the one. Tell me your thoughts ;)