Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

British Chick Lit Options
freddy
#1 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 12:08:36 PM

I just finished Farm Fatale by Wendy Holden. It was really funny. I really like British Chick Lit and Indian-British chick Lit. I love Sophie Kinsella. Does anyone have any recommendations for me?
tiiger4
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:28:44 AM

well if it helps i just finisht THE SHACK. Not to sure who wrote it, but man it was good.
AnneBrooke
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:20:13 PM

Have you tried Marian Keyes? She's great!

Axxx
Peridot
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:25:32 PM

I realize that its been awhile since this was posted, but in case ya get curious and come back:

I enjoy Sophie as well, in fact she has a new one out called Twenties Girl now. Have ya read Remember Me yet?

Have you read Jane Green's Jemima J?

I know ya said you liked Brit Chick Lit but theres some fun american chick lit stories ya might like.

Im also a Meg Cabot fan and she writes for Young Adult, preteen as well as Adult fiction. Her Queen of Babble series is really fun. I've read about 80% of her works, the woman has been busy lol.

http://www.megcabot.com

I enjoyed the first few novels from Emily Griffin, shes an American writer from my home state. The first two she wrote are companion books , Something Borrowed as the second picks up the story of one of the characters from the first.

http://www.emilygiffin.com/

If you like a little mystery in your chick lit, and Ill go ahead and suggest getting a copy of One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. Its a little thriller but mostly about a woman trying to get her life back together while keeping her hamster and grandmother alive, and it's hilarious.

htt://www.evanovich.com

Jane Heller is also an enjoyable read. Id suggest Best Enemies but any of her books will see you right.

Sorry I ran on so long, but I hope you find a new author that you really enjoy!
freddy
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:09:25 PM

Thanks everyone. I have these new authors on my library list. I also discovered a great book called "The Hindi-Bindi Club" about children of immigrants from India. It is enteraining but not so much funny. I also loved all the " Twilight" books. Please pass on any other new authors. Thanks again.